This afternoon and evening Aaron and I had a great time weeding the garden. (Is that an oxymoron? Great time=weeding garden?? Hmmm...)
Our garden was planted just a couple of weeks ago, and it is my goal this year to not let the weeds get out of control. I'm really bad about NOT weeding. I think it will be easier now that the kids like to play outside so much, so I have to be outside anyway, and now they can help! Tonight Aaron's job was to follow me along as I weeded, taking the weeds I pulled and piling them in the corner of the garden. He got distracted a few times but mostly did a great job helping. (He was bribed with the promise of treat after bathtime, but I think that was reasonable to keep him focused!)
Claire didn't really want any part of helping--she's not into getting dirty--so she just played around in the yard. She got bored a few times and got whiny, but she muddled through. (I'd really like to get her a playhouse for the backyard--trying to figure out what my options are without spending a fortune!) One time I did find a worm and let her play with it. That girl loves her worms! She calls them "wormies" and she talks to them like they are her baby dolls. She says, "Look Mommy, look at my wormie. He is so tute!" (cute)
Once she was bringing the worm to show Aaron, and was trying to call him to the edge of the garden so she could show him.
"Aaron! Aaron! Tome see my wormie!" she called.
Aaron, with his hands full of weeds, said, "I can't come now, Baby. I have an important job to do!" Talk about "tute"--my little boy, and my little girl, are as "tute" as it gets!
As I watched the kids just playing in the backyard, while Chris cut the grass in the front yard, I was filled with joy at the nice little life we have here. I'm very very happy!
And now, I'm very exhausted! Pulling weeds is tough work!
No comments:
Post a Comment