Yesterday I taught Aaron how to play Crazy Eights. He loves to play games, and that one is fun and quick. Plus he got a new deck in a goody bag from a birthday party. The rest of the family was still napping so he and I had some quiet time together.
He immediately loved the game--especially when he had a "crazy 8" in his hand! He would get so excited when he got to play a crazy 8. He always saves his blue crazy 8 for last. He loves blue!
What melted my heart was when we were in the middle of a game and he said, "I wonder if Claire knows how to play Crazy Eights." That sweet boy loves his sister! Sure, Mommy can play with me--but how much more fun would this be if my sister could play??
So just a few minutes ago, before nap time, I got out the cards and let Claire and Aaron play a game. Claire did remarkably well. She was matching colors and even figured out which card to play by herself a couple of times. And Aaron loved playing a game with his sister. Sweet times!
No comments:
Post a Comment