Monday, June 2, 2008

Have you heard of Google Reader?

Do you like reading blogs? I do! I'm pretty new at it, but the more I read and the more blogs I find, the more it was becoming cumbersome to check a long list of blogs in my favorites folder. Knowing there had to be something out there that could read the "feeds" coming from the blogs, I started looking around, and I found it--right on my Blogger page! It's called Google Reader. It's like an inbox for websites--not just blogs, but that's what I'm using it for right now. Most blogs give a feed (I figured out that password protected blogs do not), and all you do is "add a subscription" on your Google Reader page by putting in the web address of the blog, and bingo! All you have to do to check all your favorite blogs is go to the Google Reader page and it will show you which blogs have new posts to read.

Here is what it looks like:


And now that you have some time freed up (because you're not checking all these blogs that haven't been updated!), here are some fun new blogs I've found to subscribe to. These are just random ladies who apparently have a pretty big reader base, and they are very fun to read!

Big Mama Blog - I particularly like her Fashion Fridays posts--heaven knows I need some fashion advice!

Lifenut - I haven't read alot of her posts, but from what I've seen she's pretty funny!

Lots of Scotts - This is one of my favorites--it's the triplet mom blog I referred to last week.

Mocha with Linda - This lady is about as new to blogging as I am, so I am inspired by her good blog! The book she reviewed in today's post looks really good!

No Time for Flashcards - This mommy is a former preschool teacher who is so devoted to doing fun activities with her child, and she shares her ideas! She even videos herself singing silly songs to go along with the activity.

Rocks in my Dryer - I love this blog and can't wait to read more of it. I love her "Works for Me Wednesday" posts.

Yes, and So Is My Heart - This lady's hands are full with three small children, but her heart is full too--and she shares lots of funny and touching stories on her blog.

Okay, here's the deal--if you find more fun blogs, please post them in the comments! I don't like it when my Google Reader says "No unread items" so I think I need to subscribe to more. Also if I'm subscribed to your blog, please post often. Because all I need is more stuff to read so that my laundry and housework gets further behind.

And I'm going to do my best to be a better blogger--I was challenged this weekend through a few things I read to use my blog as a way to inspire others, so I'm praying that this can be an outlet to share things about my kids AND things the Lord is teaching me. And usually those go hand-in-hand.

1 comment:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Hi. Thanks for linking to me. I'm flattered that you're enjoying my blog.

I thought I'd share a few of the blogs I regularly visit.

inthemidstofit.blogspot.com
embracingmycup.blogspot.com
holdinglittlehands.blogspot.com
rasingfutureesthers.blogspot.com

Let me know if you'd like more.