Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, my little man!

My little man is officially 4 today. I cannot believe how the time flies. 4 years and 1 week ago I was at the DMV getting my license renewed (it had been expired for 11 months!) and I thought, "I guess I won't have to worry about this until this baby is 4. That will be a long time from now!" Well, here we are (and I'll be at the DMV sometime this month...).

Today we celebrated by having cake for breakfast. I had baked his cakes last night and had them on the counter un-iced. I was able to cut a piece of one off (part of the cake I won't need) and I put vanilla yogurt and fresh blueberries on top of it, for a breakfast cake parfait. Then we went to the last day of VBS, and afterwards to Cici's pizza for lunch with friends. This evening we had a normal dinner (leftovers!) and afterwards Aaron and I worked on icing my cake. Well, I worked on it while constantly reminding Aaron not to touch things. His cake this year is a garbage truck, again, but it's different than last year's. I can't wait to share the pictures!

Aaron, it's been the best four years of my life, little man. You are my super-sweet, loveable little handsome guy. You're such a smart boy and I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life.

Day 1:




1 year old:


2 years old:




3 years old:


4 years old:

1 comment:

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

PLEASE take pics of your cake!!!! (i know you will!) you did such a great job on that blue on, i'm really interested in seeing this year's, too. i'm so sad we won't get to come (but i know you understand, too.) I'll be elbow-deep in bleach and paying my mom's bills right about the time you guys dig in.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANDSOME MAN!