Sunday, June 22, 2008

In a funk...

I've been in a bit of a "funk" the last week. I can't really put my finger on what the problem has been, but I've just been in a very melancholy mood. I haven't been able to get excited about anything really, and I've just been in my own little world. I think I have mostly been overwhelmed by how behind I have felt in so many areas of my life.

First, the house feels like it is closing in on me! The latter part of the week I spent some concentrated time tackling piles. I am a piler! It drives me nuts so I can't figure out why I do it. I tackled a the microwave cart, the counter next to the garage door, the sofa table in the living room, our bedroom dresser, and my closet. Whew! I am embarassed to admit that I also just tackled a pile of the children's clothes which I had decided not to consign in the spring, either because it was too worn or stained or because I just decided I wanted to hang onto it. The pile of clothes has been on the bench in our bedroom since late February--how bad is that??? But now that I have tackled all of these piles, I have two bags of clothes to donate, and a pile of stuff to put in my "garage sale" box in the attic. I am feeling so much more put together!

I have also had trouble getting motivated to wake up earlier than the kids to spend time in the Word this week. Most days this week I just slept until they woke me up. My whole day feels behind when I do that, and I don't get any time to myself. My desire this week is to wake up before them 4 out of the 5 days this week! I'm thinking that my earlier organizing will give me a little boost so I don't feel quite so behind and I can sit with the Lord with less on my to-do list.

I also have a couple of things the Lord is telling me to do but I can't figure out exactly how to do them. One is to put together a women's Bible study for the summer. I'd like to have the group be a small group of women from all stages of life--I've come up with the name "Mixed Bag". But I can't figure out what book we should read, or who all to invite without hurting the feelings of others. I also can't figure out how to fit it into my schedule.

I am incredibly behind with work and it seems the more hours I work, the more projects I get, so the further behind I get. Not sure yet what to do about that!

So if you made it this far, thanks for reading. Just getting this off my chest feels good!

2 comments:

Momma! said...

Okay... I made it to the end. I was waiting on the solution to those kind of weeks or days we all go through, but I know you will discover that exact verse during a devotional this week to help you and your 'readers' have an 'awakening'....

Regina said...

Oh my, Nicole, I can relate to you on so many points! I can never seem to get ahead on my to-do list. I guess it's one of the many "perks" of mommyhood. Stay focused, stay positive and you'll get through it. If you figure out a quick fix to it all, let me know!