Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Any way to cut her out

Aaron loves Claire. He really does. When she's not around, he's constantly asking for her.

BUT, he's also her brother, so he also does mean or deceptive things to her. It's just a given with siblings, right?

Take for example, this morning at the breakfast table. They both had a smoothie, and Aaron had already gulped his completely down. Claire had most of hers left. I was doing dishes and I overheard this conversation:

Aaron: Claire, let's switch.
Claire: No, it's MINE.
Aaron: No, let's switch, and we'll pretend I have some smoothie and you are all out.
Claire: No, it's MINE!!! Mommy!!

Then tonight we were leaving Mammaw's house and I had told them numerous times to get their shoes on, with no reaction. So I lined up their shoes next to each other, and said, "You both better get your shoes on before I count to 10."

Aaron ran over and started sliding his shoes on, and when Claire came up to start putting on hers, he started pushing her away very discreetly so she would not meet the "count to 10" deadline. Sneaky little fella wanted her to get in trouble!!! Chris and I couldn't help but laugh at his sly tactic!

2 comments:

AngieP said...

yeah..augie does the same thing.
Alexandria will be walking by and he will just trip her. it is soo frustrating! :)

Woodman said...

Thats hilarious! I must say from experience though, sometimes its just tough being the little sister!! :)