Monday, September 8, 2008

Lucky 7


Seven years ago today, almost to the minute, I married my best friend. And we are still best friends, and I love him with every fiber of my being! I could go on and on about the things I love about him, but I'll try to list seven things here:

1. We can talk without saying a word. You know that song "When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krauss? We love that song, and it really speaks to my relationship with Chris. He is well known as a quiet guy--but the thing I love is that he can make a look with his eyes or a hand gesture, and I know that he wants a glass of milk or a bowl of ice cream. Or whatever else he wants to say!

2. He is truly a man of God. He speaks to me with such wisdom sometimes, and he has the most giving heart. He is always thinking about helping other people even when we don't have all the nice things of the world. I love that about him!

3. He supports my interests. He doesn't think the things I enjoy are foolish, like scrapbooking or photography. He encourages me when I get all excited about something. Which I tend to do (see yesterday's post about scrapbook titles!).

4. We are on the same page about parenting. We both want our children to grow up to be Godly, and we are both pursuing that end. He supports me so I can stay home, which is the greatest gift ever!

5. We enjoy the same things, and even if we don't we are able to be interested enough in each other's pursuits to talk about it. We both like the same music, which is fun. We like to play Rook and enjoy having friends over for meals. He likes hunting, and I like hearing about it. I don't even mind watching sports with him!

6. He doesn't fault me when things aren't perfect. Such as, when he comes home and the house is a disaster--he just rolls with it. Now, from time to time the piles of stuff everywhere get under his skin, but then he starts helping me clean it up. It's good to have that accountability!

7. He loves me. Every day I can find things he does that speak volumes to me--he loves me! What more could I ask for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! fun post. enjoyed the slideshow.

kim.

Jason and Leigha said...

Happy Anniversary a day late! :)

Amy said...

Aww, what a cute couple you two are! And you were a beautiful bride. I like that after 7 years you can still list the things you love about him.

Samantha said...

Happy anniversary! Isn't it amazing how so many huge things can happen in just a few short years?!