I spent most of the morning in my jammies working on crafty stuff! I never do that, and it was great. Except for the frustration when the kids would get all into everything, but I dealt with it. It will still great to have all my crafty stuff out and pretend the floors don't need to be mopped.
I finally came up with a plan for the chore charts. They are so pretty!
Every morning I will put 3-4 cards in the bottom triangle pocket of their charts. As they complete the chores, they will put the cards in the pockets, which are just strips of paper glued on 3 sides.
If they complete all the chores for the day, they get a dollar! If they give me lots of problems (ie excessive whining, refusal to cooperate), they have to give me a dollar back. We're going to start small so Aaron will catch on to the concept and be able to earn alot of dollars this first week. Claire has a chart just so she feels like she gets to participate, but I don't think she'll "get" it.
I did the chore cards using clip-art in Microsoft Word. Aren't they pretty? I printed the play money from this website.
I had so much fun doing the names.
Of course me sitting in the floor with a bunch of markers is what prompted Claire to color with me, and eventually take an open pink marker onto my bed, where she and Aaron wrestled and got pink marker all over my white sheets. (Thank goodness I had not made the bed or it would have been my comforter! See, I know my making-the-bed-laziness would pay off!) The sheets are currently in the wash with bleach but I have doubts the ink will come out. It's permanent for scrapbooking, for heaven's sake!
But I digress...back to the names! I'd really like to do some names like this and somehow make some stationery--I'm thinking little gift cards or notecards. How would I do it though--just scan them? My scanner is pretty hoopty. Any input here would be nice. I think these would make nice gifts and I'm enjoying doing them!
Wish us luck with getting the kids motivated to help around the house!
7 comments:
Cute cute cute!!! But a dollar a day....that is going to get expensive...I would start with quarters!!!
The charts are sooooo cute! You made the names?!?! Freehand??!!?!?! They look great!
As for copying them...don't you need a new color copier for WORK? ;)
Oh, it's not a REAL dollar a day! It's play money, and things that come from Dollar Tree will be in our "chore store" with prices of $5-$7!! We don't even have enough moolah to give real quarters!!! ;-)
What a great idea Nicole! We use the dollar concept at school too. The kids really get into it. I am sure that it will be a success in your house. :) Very cute charts. Making stationary is a great idea. You might could earn some extra money selling the stationary too. :)
fun! these are too cute! yeah, i would say scanning would be your best bet. kim.
Awesome!! And that link is great!! I passed it on to all my friends with kids!
PS You need to update the link to my blog on your page! ;)
You can take the names to Kinkos and they can make notepads, stationary, post-its, whatever you want. I do it for Christmas presents alot. You can even have your kids draw a pic and have it made into stationary.
Post a Comment