Friday, September 19, 2008

My twin hooligans

Lots of things on my mind today!

  • Today we went to Walmart. The kids were holding hands in the parking lot, and Claire was such a cute sight with her Pebbles ponytail, flowery skirt, and pink Dora sunglasses. A couple of ladies were awwwwing at them, and the older one asked, "Are they twins?" No, they're two years apart. Really? Twins??
  • Claire is doing AWESOME at her potty training. She loves to wear her underwear and we've started venturing out of the house with it. I went to the Dollar Tree today to stock up on little prizes for pooping in the potty, as that is our next hurtle. She has done it twice in the last 3 days, once for a chance to play a computer game, and again today for a chance at earning a new doll bottle. I think it's just a matter of finding the right reward! Score!
  • Last night we invited our neighbor over at the last minute to help us eat some kabobs I had made. I told the kids before he got there that they needed to be good during dinner--don't be too loud or messy, and don't interrupt when the grownups are talking. They did amazingly well!! Toward the end they got a little loud and talkative, but it was okay. Our neighbor even gushed about how well behaved they are. I couldn't help but beam with pride--and wonder why they act like hooligans at other times.
  • Speaking of hooligans, today I was on a work-related phone call and the kids got so loud with their screaming and fighting that I had to retreat to my bathroom (behind two closed doors) to finish the call. Needless to say they got a stern talking-to and spankings when I got off the phone. Why oh why do I even try to take those calls when they are awake?
  • We still need to sell our car. Anyone interested? It's a 2003 Saturn L200 in great condition. Pass the word if you know of anyone looking for a car!

No comments: