Aaron's surgery was a success! Thank you for all your prayers.
We got to the surgery center and Aaron got to put on the hospital gown. Kids are so cute in those little gowns! He really enjoyed playing in the playroom while we waited. They had a garbage truck (IMAGINE!) that he immediately gravitated toward.
The highlight for him was picking a toy from the bunny tunnel, which took several minutes. He walked around with his index finger tapping his cheek, saying "Hmmmm....Hmmmmm..." as he examined all the toys. I knew as soon as I saw construction trucks that he would pick one of those, but of course he had to be dramatic about his choice. We finally forced him to choose something and he chose a new digger. (IMAGINE!)
I forgot a book to read so I absently flipped through a Better Homes & Gardens while we waited. Finally the doctor came in and told us he did great. I was so anxious to get back to see him. They said he woke up talking, which was pretty unusual. The nurse said, "He's saying something about Mammaw?" I said, "Yes, his sister is with Mammaw." That boy MISSED his sister last night and this morning.
He was a model patient. He didn't cry at all coming out of the anesthesia, and he sat up and gave me a big hug when I came in. Then he sat there and was talking like he was drunk for several minutes, which was the source of much laughter!! He got a blue popsicle and a cup of apple juice, so he was very happy!
We got home and he started cleaning out the pantry--I guess no breakfast meant he was STARVING! We started a movie and tried to rest. Then Claire got home and they were romping and running all around the living room like nothing ever happened. Gotta love how resilient kids are!
3 comments:
i had no idea he was having surgery!!!
i hope he's on the mend and has a fast healing time.
so glad everything turned out okay!!!
I missed the surgery schedule too! Glad it went well. Those little ones do bounce back quickly, thank goodness!
Praise God the surgery went well. Glad to hear that. :)
Post a Comment