Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

I just found several cute videos that I forgot to put on the blog. So I'm going to do it all in one big post. Sit back with a mug of hot tea (my favorite!), an Oreo cookie (what I just ate!), and enjoy this window into my world.

************************************************


For this first performance, it was close to nap time. I had been in the back of the house and noticed the kids had been playing well together for quite some time. So I snuck up on them with the video camera. Claire was all hyped up, doing her "Swiper no swiping" Dora imitation. Aaron was pretending to swipe things from her--her belly, her underpants. ??? Claire's energy is what really makes this video. That and the underwear cuteness, especially Aaron's that are on backwards. One other noted feature is the TV is on PBS, and Reading Rainbow was coming on. Hearing that theme song takes me back to my childhood, specifically my babysitter in 2nd grade.


As I mentioned in a previous post, Aaron got a soldier costume at church a couple of weeks ago. When he got home and put it on I took a quick video hoping he would explain it to me. His answers are pretty funny! Claire makes an appearance and jabbers in my ear the whole time.


We set up a "festival" in the living room, with a bean bag toss just like Aaron saw on a Blue's Clues episode. What I really wanted to capture here was Claire's great underhanded toss. She really winds up and it was cracking me up! She only did it once in the video, then got sidetracked pretending one of the boxes was a grocery cart for her baby.


And finally, Aaron dug out an old wooden toy he had, which is supposed to make a helicopter. Last night he was making all kinds of "machines" with it, explaining to me their elaborate functions. I got a little on video today, but it wasn't quite like the conversations last night. It never is when the video camera is rolling!

1 comment:

kristi said...

i like the soldier video.."God" is always a good answer! :) your kids are precious!