Thursday, September 4, 2008

Commercial-ism

Today we went to Target after school. Gotta love Target!

I was out of allergy medicine, so we were on that aisle and I was trying to find the right thing (generic loratadine tablets, if you're wondering). Aaron starts jumping up and pointing to some Zyrtec.

He says, "Hey Mommy, this works FASTER than Claritin."

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"The TV!" he announced!

And then I remembered the Zyrtec commercials I've been seeing, which tout "Zyrtec starts working 2 hours faster than Claritin." Yep, folks, my boy has been commercialized. (I noticed the commercials because I recently switched Aaron from Claritin to Zyrtec and it seems to be working better for him...)

And this is one of my many beefs with Nick Jr. I much prefer PBS Kids and Playhouse Disney, which don't do commercials during the children's programming. I don't know why Nick Jr folks think that parents are actually sitting and watching Dora with their kids. I wish Dora could somehow switch to Playhouse Disney! Then all would be right with the world.

No comments: