A hug before school...
Aaron is now in the 4 year old class, which this year is expanding into the upstairs of the building. He is so excited to be in the big kid class! We got a note sent home telling us that this Thursday is show and tell, and we are so excited! I told Aaron he had to bring something small that starts with the letter A, and he thought about it for a minute and told me he wants to bring his toy ambulance. What a smart kid!
He will also do computer and spanish classes, which is going to be so much fun for him. Their goal this year is to get the kids ready for Kingergarden, and I feel confident they will do just that. But I'm not sure I want him to go to Kindergarden. Two days a week is definitely plenty for me, at least for now!
Claire is in the 2-year-old class. This year will be very different for her as it's more structured ("school-like") than the baby room where she was last year. They're actually going to work on letters, colors, and numbers! Her teacher, Mrs. Stacy, is the same one Aaron had two years ago, and Stacy told me yesterday that Claire is so much like Aaron in that she always had the answer to the questions--"It's an A!", "It's RED!", "It's an apple!"--while the other kids gave her blank stares. Chris told me he knows where they get that from (who? me?).
I'm sure this won't be the first year of Claire's life that she is compared to her brother. I hadn't really thought about it before, but as they grow up they will eventually have some of the same teachers, who will say, "I wish you were more like your older brother!" or "I wonder why your older brother wasn't as good as you!" Ahhhh...siblings!
Claire really enjoyed her day, and told me in the van after school, "I had fun Mommy! I played with Mary Lampton and Alezandra! I sleeped on a mat!" (Stacy told me she slept about 20 minutes before Mary Lampton woke her up, and she was a CRAB the rest of the day until she went to bed early at 7:30!!)
Here's to a great year at preschool! And to some short afternoons after preschool since they don't get very long naps!
1 comment:
They are so cute.
This is the exact type of post I have planned for tomorrow. My kiddos went to school/MDO today.
Post a Comment